Do You Need a Car Now?
Want to get your own car? It might not be time yet. Research shows teens are two to three times more likely to be involved in a crash than adult drivers. Teens who have their own cars drive more, crash more and get hurt more than teens who share a car with family members.
- Readiness: Have you consistently demonstrated safe, responsible driving behavior?
- Finances: Can you afford your share of the cost of a car, insurance, gas and maintenance?
- Involvement: Are you ready to buy and maintain a vehicle? There’s a lot involved in vehicle ownership — just ask your parents.
- AAA StartSmart – A series of newsletters that address the challenges teens face when learning to drive.
- Becoming a New Driver – Designed for teens, this brochure outlines tips and responsibilities of being a safe driver.
- Your Driving Costs – How much are you really paying to drive?