Your teen is now a new driver with additional rules and regulations to follow. Here’s a quick summary of what your teen should know.
Getting Stopped by the Police
- Expect to present a valid license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
- Always cooperate and be respectful with law enforcement.
- Talk to you about it, because this can create a learning experience.
Going to Court
If your teen gets a ticket or is involved in a crash, it could lead to a court appearance and the following consequences.
- Suspended driving privileges
- Attorney’s fees
- Court costs
- Insurance premium increases