At this stage of new driver education, your aspiring driver already has some responsibilities and should commit to making safe passenger decisions.
Be a Safe Passenger
- Don’t ride with a teen driver without your advance permission.
- Don’t distract the driver.
- Contact you for a ride home if a teen driver is unsafe.
- Always properly wear a seat belt.
Prepare to Earn a Learner’s License
- Become an aware passenger, observing and asking questions about driving situations.
- Commit to regular practice sessions to develop skills required for safe driving and managing risks on the road.
- Understand the financial and legal responsibilities associated with driving.
- Obey rules, including driver license laws and those established by your family.
- Avoid taking unnecessary risks while driving.